The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Monday, September 24, 2012

In An Autumnal Garden. . .

Drawing close to the time of year
when "Mr. Ed" and I take our Annual Trout Fishing Trip
to Bennett Spring State Park!

I come to the garden alone. . .
while the dew is still on the roses,

Although "Mr. Ed" will tell you he goes for the Trout Fishing,
being in nature and total relaxation. . .


And the voice I hear
falling on my ear, the Son of God discloses.

. . .and I might tell you I go for the creative design planning,
the shopping and being alone with "Mr. Ed".


And He walks with me,
And He talks with me. . .

Each year, we return for a time of rest and relaxation.
A time to draw closer to one another.
A time to draw closer to God.


And He tells me I am His own!

Seeking His direction and guidance in our lives.
No phone calls, no computers, no pre~determined schedules!


Oh, the JOY we share as we tarry there!
None other, has ever known.

Annual Trout Fishing Trip
to Bennett Spring State Park. . .
here we come!


Until next time. . .


14 comments:

bj said...

O, Pat, this is one of those songs that, every time I hear it, I cry a little...just realizing how much HE loves us makes me cry like a baby. It is so beautiful.

I know how much you look forward to your fishing trip. It is so good for the soul and spirit to get away like that. We were blessed to be able to do it in the summer and we enjoyed more than I can say. I know you will, too.

xoxo bj

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Pat, I hope you and Mr. Ed have a WONDERFUL trip!!!! Do you fish too? I know the time away with just the 2 of you will be wonderful.Maybe when things calm down, Joe and I can get away for a few days too. See you when you get back. HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!! You will be missed. XO, Pinky

Babs said...

Love that old hymn and how beautiful are the words and your roses. Have a great trip!
Hugs,
Babs

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I thought of you first thing this morning. Today is the day! Enjoy Bennett!

Noelle said...

They are really a beauty! Corral shade is just my favorite. Lovely photos. Thanks a lot for the post.


Noelle @ Cheap Sheds New Zealand Limited

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Dear Pat,
What a beautiful post! Your photos along with the "In the Garden" song is so touching. May you have a wonderful time on your trip together and come back refreshed!
Blessings,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures and I love the song!! You have me humming it now!

Fishing- I'm jealous!! WE purchased fly fishing rods for our anniversary last Nov. and have only gotten to use them once which isn't real fishing as we are just learning how!! Do you fly fish?

Bee blessed
mary

podso said...

Love a reminder of the old song. And beautiful flowers. I hope you and Mr. Ed are having a wonderful time and come back rested and refreshed.

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Beautiful song and roses. Didn't Sandy Patty sing that? I know, I'm dating myself.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Beautiful thoughts and pictures. The song is lovely. I hope your trip is relaxing and enjoyable.

Bernideen said...

I hope you have a great "catch" and these photos are so lovely!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I first heard this song when I was a little girl. I loved it then and I still love it - more if anything - now! Thank you for the lovely reminder!

Sarahx

The Charm of Home said...

Pat,
I devoted a post to the fantastic smelling votives this week! Thank you again for sending them they are really nice.
Your friend,
Sherry

http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/2012/09/an-autumn-tea.html

bj said...

I guess you have GONE FISHING but just wanted to say I gave you and your love of sunflowers a shout out on my post today. :))
Hope Mr. Ed caught a record fish and you got in some good reading...:))