The simple pleasures of home shine brighter
when the spirit of God intertwines our hearts
with His gentle Joy.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Celebrating 40 Years!!!

Today,

On Crooked Creek, April 24, 2013

"Mr. Ed" and I are helping our son celebrate his 40th birthday!



Our sons favorite cake is plain and simple. . .
yellow cake with milk chocolate frosting.



Since we will be celebrating a milestone of 40 years,
"Mr. Ed" and I embellished the frosting with peanut butter cups!



Wanting to make this birthday a bit more special for our son,
we decided to make him his favorite cake into cupcakes.

At the grocers to pick up the ingredients,
"Mr. Ed" and I found these over~sized parchment paper
cupcake liners. . .perfect for my over~sized muffin pan!



So~o~o. . .
while it hailed, thundered, lightening, 
rained and the wind howled,
"Mr. Ed" and I made a single layer cake 
and six over~size cupcakes.



* * * * * * * * * Tutorial * * * * * * * 

Once the cake and cupcakes were cooled,
I iced them with milk chocolate frosting. . .right from the can!



I cut two regular size peanut butter cups into half, 
then in half again to make the triangles for the center.



I cut two more regular size peanut butter cups 
 into 10 ~ 12 smaller pieces 
and "Mr. Ed" dropped them randomly on the tops.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Six over~sized cupcakes. . .



and one single layer cake.




All it took was. . .
1 package of Yellow Cake Mix
1 can of Milk Chocolate Frosting
8 single regular size Peanut Butter Cups
to make celebrating 40 years. . .

a piece of cake!


Until next time. . .


On Crooked Creek will be joining

www.stonegableblog.com


Be sure to visit for
amazing inspiration!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cupcakes look wonderful, Pat.

We are celebrating daughter K's b'day today. She is Xanti and Noah's mommy. Seems like yesterday when she was born, 46 years ago.:-)

podso said...

Mouth watering pictures! Have a happy celebration.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Happy Birthday to your son. I always think it is such a special day for the Mom's and Dad's too!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Such a milestone! Congratulations! The cake looks delicious. I have a son with a birthday on Apr. 23! Okay, so I wanted to share that with your recent Google+ change I had to meander along crooked creek to find you. ;0) Normally I click on your comment to return a visit, but recently neither a link to your blog or an email address is on your info page. I Googled On Crooked Creek to get to your blog. New visitors wouldn't know to do that since your comment has your first and last name vs. your blog name. I'm finding a lot of comments that have no link back lately. Boo. Anyway I hope storms are over for you!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The cake and cupcakes all look sooooooo good. Happy Birthday to your son. Hugs, Marty

Marigene said...

Chocolate and peanut butter are a great combo...wishing your son a Happy 40th Birthday, Pat!